At St. Werburgh’s C of E Primary School, we believe that every child should have the opportunity to study a foreign language during their time with us.
Our Modern Foreign Curriculum focuses on providing our children with an understanding of other cultures and languages and promotes an interest and curiosity about the wider world and a sense of international identity. Languages raise children’s awareness of being global citizens.
Our aims of Foreign Language education are to enable all children to develop an enthusiasm for learning languages and to become aware of the benefits of:
- Understanding and speaking different languages;
- Communicating in other languages by speaking and listening, reading and writing;
- Respecting and understanding other cultures, heritage and multilingualism;
- Becoming involved in global learning and the international dimension of the school through the development of links with other countries;
- Being responsible global citizens who are well prepared for education, life and work.
At St. Werburgh’s Primary School we make Foreign Languages an enjoyable learning experience.