PE and Sports
This year the government have significantly increased the amount of sports funding available to schools to encourage children to lead healthy lives. For the year 2019/20 we spent a total of £17,974 and carried over £3,700 into the next academic year (due to COVID-19). In the year 2020/21 the school was allocated £18,600 to see the sports plan for 2020/21 click here. They have achieved this by the introduction of the Sugar Tax. Our school is now in receipt of £19,610. Please click here to view the document to see how we are utilising these funds.
We currently do not know our funding for the next year but have planned for a similar level of funding. Any additional funds will be used to develop children’s’ understanding of healthy lifestyles.
- Employing specialist PE teachers or qualified coaches to deliver high quality teaching of PE and games and to share expertise with teachers and teaching assistants to increase levels of confidence and subject knowledge.
- Sports Coaches to assist with staff observations to maintain high standards of PE is taught throughout all year groups.
- Providing cover staff to release PE co-ordinator to work in partnership with external sports providers to quality assure delivery & assessment in PE & games.
- Providing cover staff to release teachers for professional development in PE and sport.
- Paying staff or external sports coaches to run inter/intra school competitions.
- Staff to organise and run competitive sports teams and enter into school league and cup competitions.
- Increase pupils’ participation in a range of sporting activities by paying staff or external providers to run clubs. Ensure that there is equality of opportunity for all.
- Increase pupils’ participation in competitive sporting activities by paying staff or external providers to organise and supervise these.
- SLT to quality assure the work of sports coaches and instructors employed to coach in PE lessons and after-school sports clubs.
- Project managing improvements to PE & Sports provision for school & community use.
- Buying into the Derby School Sport Partnership affiliation packages.
- Remain part of the primary netball and football leagues.
- Attend competitions and festivals organised by the School Sports Partnership.
- Staff to attend workshops.